Discover how to get the most out of Ubuntu for work, home, and play. Learning a new operating system can feel daunting, especially if you're used to Windows or OS X. If you've been afraid to try Ubuntu because you don't know where to start, this book introduces you to a wide selection of software and settings that will make your computer ready to work for you.
- Understand the advantages of Ubuntu and its variants-Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and more
- Install Ubuntu on its own or alongside your computer's existing operating system
- Search Ubuntu's catalog of thousands of applications-all ready to install with a single click
- Work with files and disks that were created with Windows and OS X
- Run simple, interesting tasks and games using the command line
- Customize Ubuntu in powerful ways and get work done with virtual machines
Anyone who wants to move to using an open source operating system.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 25.08.2017
- ISBN-13: 9781484230008
- Artikelnr.: 53064038