- Ghost Train to the Eastern Star (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- The Great Railway Bazaar (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Riding the Iron Rooster (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- The Old Patagonian Express (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- The Happy Isles of Oceania (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- The Mammoth Book of Travel in Dangerous Places: West Africa (eBook, ePUB)1,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
Paul Theroux's best-selling Dark Star Safari chronicled his epic overland voyage from Cairo to Cape Town, providing an insider's look at modern Africa. Now, with The Last Train to Zona Verde, he returns to discover how both he and Africa have changed in the ensuing years. Traveling alone, Theroux sets out from Cape Town, going north through South Africa, Namibia, then into Angola, encountering a world increasingly removed from tourists' itineraries and the hopes of postcolonial independence movements.
After covering nearly 2,500 arduous miles, Theroux cuts short his journey, a decision he chronicles with unsparing honesty in a chapter titled "What Am I Doing Here?" Vivid, witty, and beautifully evocative, The Last Train to Zona Verde is a fitting final African adventure from the writer whose gimlet eye and effortless prose have brought the world to generations of readers.
"If this book is proof, age has not slowed Theroux or encouraged him to rest on his achievements . . . Gutsy, alert to Africa's struggles, its injustices and history." - San Francisco Chronicle
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.