- The Lost World of the Kalahari (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Cape Town, The Mother City (Photography Books by Julian Bound) (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- Among the Jacaranda -Buds of Matata in Kenya (THE MATATA TRILOGY, #3) (eBook, ePUB)4,49 €
- Moving to Namibia: Your Comprehensive Guide to a Life in the Land of Endless Horizons (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- A Guide to Relocating to Kenya: Embrace the Heart of Africa (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- Feel Namibia - A Travel Guide for the Soul (eBook, ePUB)0,00 €
- The Trouble with Africa (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
In 1997 James Stephenson arranged to have almost a full year free, a year he wanted to spend among the Hadzabe in Tanzania. He had visited these people several times previously and with every trip his fascination with them deepened, for the Hadzabe are the last hunters and gatherers still living a traditional life in East Africa.
At the age of 27, Stephenson intended to spend the year living among the Hadzabe, and, more importantly, living their life, hunting what they hunted, eating what they ate, participating in their dances and ceremonies, consulting with their medicine men and learning their myths and dreams.
Armed only with his camera, his art supplies and the open-hearted courage of youth, he set out to visit with a people who have changed little since the Stone Age. He wanted to glimpse the world as they perceived it and learn the wisdom they had wrestled from the land. The Language of the Land, the account of his adventure and what he learned, is travel writing at its best.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in D ausgeliefert werden.