- Hurricanes and Spitfire Pilots at War (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Spitfire Mark I P9374 (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- From Sapper to Spitfire Spy (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Spitfire Dive-Bombers versus the V2 (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- From Biplane to Spitfire (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Flight from Colditz (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- JG26 (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
This WWII biography recounts the heroic contributions of a female pilot who flew Spitfires, Hurricanes and Wellington Bombers for the RAF.
A farmer's daughter from Oxfordshire, Mary Ellis fell in love with flying at the age of eleven, when she rode in a biplane at a flying circus. Already a licensed pilot by the time the Second World War broke out, Mary joined the Air Transit Auxiliary in 1941. As a ferry pilot, she transported aircraft for the Royal Air Force, including more than four hundred Spitfires and seventy-six different kinds of aircraft. After the war, Mary accepted a secondment to the RAF as one of the first pilots to fly the new Gloster Meteor, Britain's first fighter jet. By 1950, she became Europe's first female air commandant. In this authorized biography, Mary and biographer Melody Foreman vividly recount her action-packed career spanning almost a century of aviation. Mary says: I am passionate for anything fast and furious. I always have been since the age of three and I always knew I would fly. The day I stepped into a Spitfire was a complete joy and it was the most natural thing in the world for me.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Frontline Books
- Seitenzahl: 240
- Erscheinungstermin: 30. November 2016
- ISBN-13: 9781473895386
- Artikelnr.: 47386731