- Zaza Kurds of Turkey, The (eBook, PDF)11,95 €
- Modern History of the Kurds (eBook, PDF)11,95 €
- Kurds of Iraq, The (eBook, PDF)11,95 €
- Kurds of Modern Turkey (eBook, PDF)11,95 €
- Kurds of Turkey (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- Political Economy of Iran under the Qajars (eBook, PDF)22,95 €
- Land of the Turquoise Mountains (eBook, PDF)11,95 €
This was an identity which emerged in response to the exclusionary effects of the political and discursive processes and practices of the construction of a modern Iranian nation-state and national identity since the Constitutional Revolution of 1906, which often excluded and attempted to override a Kurdish one. Vali contends that this process, largely due to the socio-economic and cultural impact of the rule of Pahlavis, in reality forced the Kurdish people of Iran to form and reinforce their own ethno-linguistic and ethno-national community. The expressions of this separate identity can be traced through the formation and dissolution of Kurdish national parties, such as the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran (KDPI).
'Kurds and the State in Iran' offers an analysis of the formation and effects of the concepts of the state, the nation, nationalism and ethnic identity, which go beyond current ethnicist and constructivist theories, thus making it essential reading for anyone interested in the Kurds or the development of national and state identities in the Middle East.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: I.B.Tauris
- Seitenzahl: 232
- Erscheinungstermin: 11. April 2014
- ISBN-13: 9780857720337
- Artikelnr.: 39141963