- The Gems of Nice and the French Riviera (Klaava Travel Guide) (eBook, ePUB)9,05
- Leading the Blind (eBook, ePUB)20,22
- Rick Steves Snapshot Naples & the Amalfi Coast (eBook, ePUB)6,99
- River-Horse (eBook, ePUB)21,41
- Moggerhanger (eBook, ePUB)21,41
- The Billionaire and the Mechanic (eBook, ePUB)17,84
- In Bed with the Atlantic (eBook, ePUB)9,95
As a boy, Irwin Shaw stared out across Brooklyn’s Sheepshead Bay and dreamed of owning a boat and sailing the oceans wide. Decades later, he determined that chartering a yacht was better than having no boat at all. With his wife and son, Shaw then set out to mosey about the Mediterranean, guided by a Scottish captain, his wife and daughter, and a Greek cabin boy.
From St. Tropez to Naples, and across the Adriatic to Dubrovnik and up to Venice, it was the trip of a lifetime, its only fault being that, eventually, it would have to end.
Written in 1964, this travel memoir is a portrait of a bygone age, when the sun-soaked Mediterranean was still emerging from the shadow of World War II and “vacation” truly meant detaching oneself from the world. Featuring cameos by legendary authors such as Françoise Sagan and James Jones, this endearing memoir is the next best thing to a Mediterranean cruise.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Open Road Media
- Seitenzahl: 154
- Erscheinungstermin: 16.08.2016
- ISBN-13: 9781504038447
- Artikelnr.: 45222966
Praise for Irwin Shaw
“[Shaw has] the sharp, quick natural wit peculiar to one whose formative years were spent in Brooklyn.” —The Paris Review
“An immensely interesting, entertaining and moving book.” —The New York Times on The Young Lions