The Grammar is divided into two parts. Part A covers grammatical categories such as word order, nouns, verbs and adjectives. Part B is organised according to language functions and notions such as:
- making introductions
- asking for something to be done
- delivering a speech
The book addresses learners' practical needs and presents grammar in both a traditional and a communicative setting. New to this edition, and building on feedback from the previous edition:
- The rules of the latest (and so far final) spelling reform have been implemented throughout.
- Examples of usage have been updated and consideration given to Swiss and Austrian variants.
- The chapter on register has been expanded and now includes youth language and frequently used Anglicisms in German.
- The Index now has even more key words; it has also been redesigned to differentiate between German words, grammar terms, and functions, thus making it more user-friendly.
The Grammar assumes no previous grammatical training and is intended for all those who have a basic knowledge of German, from intermediate learners in schools and adult education to undergraduates taking German as a major or minor part of their studies.
The Grammar is accompanied by a third edition of Modern German Grammar Workbook (ISBN 978-0-415-56725-1) which features exercises and activities directly linked to the Grammar.
Ruth Whittle is Lecturer, John Klapper is Professor of Foreign Language Pedagogy, Katharina Glöckel is the Austrian Lektorin and Bill Dodd is Professor of Modern German Studies - all at the University of Birmingham. Christine Eckhard-Black is Tutor and Advisor in German at the Oxford University Language Centre.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 488
- Erscheinungstermin: 1. März 2013
- ISBN-13: 9781136835537
- Artikelnr.: 38268381