- Eat A Peach (eBook, ePUB)14,99 €
- Searching for Family and Traditions at the French Table, Book One (Champagne, Alsace, Lorraine, and Paris regions) (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Toast (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Notes from a Young Black Chef (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Wine Girl (eBook, ePUB)19,37 €
- The Food and Wine of France (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Reach of a Chef (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
Kathleen Flinn was a thirty-six-year-old middle manager trapped on the corporate ladder - until her boss eliminated her job. Instead of sulking, she took the opportunity to check out of the rat race for good - cashing in her savings, moving to Paris, and landing a spot at the venerable Le Cordon Blue cooking school.
The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry is the funny and inspiring account of her struggle in a stew of hot-tempered, chefs, competitive classmates, her own "wretchedly inadequate" French - and how she mastered the basics of French cuisine. Filled with rich, sensual details of her time in the kitchen - the ingredients, cooking techniques, wine, and more than two dozen recipes - and the vibrant sights and sounds of the markets, shops, and avenues of Paris, it is also a journey of self-discovery, transformation, and, ultimately, love.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Publishing Group
- Seitenzahl: 304
- Erscheinungstermin: 02.09.2008
- ISBN-13: 9781440638190
- Artikelnr.: 44657865