- Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (eBook, ePUB)15,90 €
- Developmental and Stem Cell Biology in Health and Disease (eBook, ePUB)32,22 €
- Biologie und Biotechnologie - Diskurse über eine Optimierung des Menschen (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Smoke & Mirrors (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Our Posthuman Future (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Frontiers in Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Research: Volume 9 (eBook, ePUB)106,56 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
This book provides an innovative look at these vexing issues through a series of innovative Socratic dialogues that elucidate key scientific and ethical points in an approachable manner. Addressing the cultural and value issues underlying stem cell research while also educating readers about stem cells' biological function and medical applications, Stem Cell Dialogues features fictional characters engaging in compelling inquiry and debate. Participants investigate the scientific, political, and socioethical dimensions of stem cell science using actual language, analysis, and arguments taken from scientific, philosophical, and popular literature. Each dialogue centers on a specific, recognizable topic, such as the policies implemented by the George W. Bush administration restricting the use of embryonic stem cells; the potential role of stem cells in personalized medicine; the ethics of cloning; and the sale of eggs and embryos. Additionally, speakers debate the use of stem cells to treat paralysis, diabetes, stroke effects, macular degeneration, and cancer. Educational, entertaining, and rigorously researched (with 300 references to scientific literature), Stem Cell Dialogues should be included in any effort to help the public understand the science, ethics, and policy concerns of this promising field.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.