- Education and International Development (eBook, ePUB)24,95 €
- Education in the Balance (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Global Citizenship Education: A Critical Introduction to Key Concepts and Debates (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- Most Likely to Succeed (eBook, ePUB)13,77 €
- Education, Poverty, Malnutrition and Famine (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Understanding School Segregation (eBook, ePUB)82,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
There is a crisis in the British education system. Year on year GCSE and A Level pupils post better exam results, with more students achieving top grades. Yet business leaders and employers complain bitterly that our schools are not producing people fit for purpose. Far from being locked in an ivory tower, a bastion of privilege, Mr Little has used his time as a teacher and headmaster to get to grips with fundamental questions concerning education. He wants to produce people fit to work in the modern world. How do children absorb information? What kind of people does society need? What is education for? Not only is the author one of the great reforming headmasters of our time but he has planted Academies in the East end of London, founded a state boarding school near Windsor and yet is a passionate advocate of single sex schools.
This book is not a text book for colleges of education - it is a book to enlighten the teaching profession and just as much for anxious parents. The book is simply arranged under topics such as authority, expectations, progress, self-confidence, sex, crises and creativity.
Tony Little thinks it is time to ask some fundamental questions, and to make brave decisions about how we make our schools and our schoolchildren fit for purpose.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 288
- Erscheinungstermin: 16.06.2015
- ISBN-13: 9781472913128
- Artikelnr.: 43110473