- Encyclopedia of Schizophrenia (eBook, PDF)56,95 €
- Handbook of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (eBook, PDF)96,95 €
- MACPainP Multiaxial Classification of Pain Psychosocial Dimension (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- Handbook of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (eBook, PDF)104,95 €
- Psychosexual Counseling in Andrological Surgery (eBook, PDF)88,95 €
- tolino shine 399,00 €
- Morbus Menière (eBook, PDF)34,99 €
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 4. September 2006
- ISBN-13: 9780387286983
- Artikelnr.: 37288063
"Although sleep has been the subject of serious study for several decades, there has not been available an integrated, introductory text for more than 10 years. Understanding Sleep and Dreaming fills this need with complete coverage of all aspects of sleep, dreaming, and sleep disorders, and is comprehensible as well as comprehensive. In accessible language, this text reviews the basic physiological mechanisms of sleep and the intertwined psychological ramifications. Most important, it is up to date, containing the latest information on the influence of orexin/hypocretin, nocturnal eating syndrome, the local cell theory of sleep, the effects of sleep deprivation, and the advantages of delaying school start times for teenagers. Distilling 25 years of combined clinical, research, and teaching experience, Dr. Moorcroft has created an excellent text for undergraduates, graduate students, and professionals, as well as for the general reader who wants a better understanding of the sleep process and its disorders."
Janet M. Dunn, MD, Rush University Medical Center