- You'll Never Find Us (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- In the Best of Families (eBook, ePUB)4,49 €
- Violated: Part 3 of 3: A Shocking and Harrowing Survival Story from the Notorious Rotherham Abuse Scandal (eBook, ePUB)6,29 €
- Violated: Part 1 of 3: A Shocking and Harrowing Survival Story from the Notorious Rotherham Abuse Scandal (eBook, ePUB)6,29 €
- On The Broken Road (Journey of Healing, #2) (eBook, ePUB)3,49 €
- The Sergeant's Daughter (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- My Mother, Munchausen's and Me (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
In this powerful true crime memoir, an award-winning identity theft expert tells the shocking story of the duplicity and betrayal that inspired her career and nearly destroyed her family.
Axton Betz-Hamilton grew up in small-town Indiana in the early '90s. When she was 11 years old, her parents both had their identities stolen. Their credit ratings were ruined, and they were constantly fighting over money. This was before the age of the Internet, when identity theft became more commonplace, so authorities and banks were clueless and reluctant to help Axton's parents.
As a result, Axton spent her formative years crippled by anxiety, quarantined behind the closed curtains in her childhood home. She began starving herself at a young age in an effort to blend in--her appearance could be nothing short of perfect or she would be scolded by her mother, who had become paranoid and consumed by how others perceived the family.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Grand Central Publishing
- Erscheinungstermin: 15. Oktober 2019
- ISBN-13: 9781538730270
- Artikelnr.: 56839223