- The Almost Legendary Morris Sisters (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Finding Magic (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
- A Cuban Refugee's Journey to the American Dream (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Our Revolution: A Mother and Daughter at Midcentury (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- A Childhood (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- From Cotton Fields to University Leadership (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- The Timothy Leary Project (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
In 1966, a teenager dreams of finding ultimate wisdom and writing timeless poetry. Horrified by the likelihood of combat service in Vietnam, he embarks on a hitchhiking journey to evade the military draft. He becomes a homeless drifter estranged from family, and finds brief notoriety as a vagabond poet, followed by publishing success, before careening beyond the limits of language.
Over the course of 22,000 reckless miles he experiences a Sixties history long overlooked: Wells Street in Chicago's Old Town, the mimeograph-revolution waged by Cleveland poets, an outlaw Route 66, the San Francisco Diggers serving daily meals, the Central Park Easter Be-In, a head shop at the epicenter of St Marks Place in the East Village, and the travesty of post-Summer-of-Love Haight-Ashbury.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Randolph Rhody
- Seitenzahl: 254
- Erscheinungstermin: 31. August 2021
- ISBN-13: 9781737629900
- Artikelnr.: 62455546