- Performance and Evolution in the Age of Darwin (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- Studying Shakespeare (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- tolino shine 389,00 €
- The Routledge Companion to Actors' Shakespeare (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Drama & the Dramatic (eBook, PDF)23,95 €
- Crown Of Life - Wilson Knight (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- Shakespearean Romance (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
The book aims not only to anthologise accounts of the last plays by leading Shakespearean critics, including Stephen Greenblatt, Janet Adelman, Leah Marcus, Howard Felperin and Steven Mullaney, but also to dramatise what is at stake in the choice of a particular critical approach. It allows the student to compare the strengths and limitations of a deconstructive and a feminist reading of the same romance, or to test the plausibility of one psychoanalytic angle on the last plays against another. The headnotes that preface the essays highlight their distinctive slants on Shakespearean romance, unpack the theoretical assumptions that steer their interpretations, and throw into relief the key points at which their authors collide or converge.
The editor's introduction places the essays in the context of twentieth-century criticism of the last plays and makes a powerful case for a fundamental reappraisal of Shakespearean romance. The comprehensive, fully annotated bibliography provides an unrivalled guide to further reading on all four plays.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 312
- Erscheinungstermin: 11. Juni 2014
- ISBN-13: 9781317889618
- Artikelnr.: 41067122