- Shakespeare & Company (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- tolino shine 389,00 €
- Teaching Shakespeare with Purpose (eBook, PDF)20,95 €
- The Theatre of Howard Barker (eBook, PDF)12,95 €
- Inside the Royal Shakespeare Company (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- The Routledge Companion to Actors' Shakespeare (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Directing Shakespeare in America (eBook, PDF)20,95 €
Why act Shakespeare? What's his relevance in the twenty-first century? Compelling answers to these questions lie at the center of this highly accessible journey into Shakespeare & Company's aesthetics and practice. Drawing on hitherto unpublished material - including notebooks, lectures, interviews, rehearsal diaries - and the Company's newly collated archive, this book provides insight into a working theatre company and sheds light on the role Shakespeare plays in our modern world. It also details:
- Shakespeare & Company's founding and early history
- Its aesthetic based on the Elizabethan theatre's principles of the Art of Rhetoric; Structure of the Verse; Voice and Movement; Clown; Fight; and Actor/Audience Relationship
- Vocational components of its Training Intensives
- Practical pedagogy of its Education programs
- Insights into its unique approaches to Performance
- Impact and legacy of its three lifetime founding members: Dennis Krausnick (Director of Training), Kevin G. Coleman (Director of Education) and Tina Packer (founding artistic director).
Actors, directors, students, educators, scholars and theatre-lovers alike will find practical acting strategies, inspirational approaches to theatre making and lively insights into the sustaining of a unique and robust theatre company that has been thriving for over 40 years.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 342
- Erscheinungstermin: 18. März 2020
- ISBN-13: 9781000047257
- Artikelnr.: 58837993