- A Good Time to be a Girl: Don't Lean In, Change the System (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Point is to Change the World (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Self-Portrait in Black and White: Family, Fatherhood, and Rethinking Race (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man (eBook, ePUB)6,49 €
- Born Both (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
- Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
An inspirational and moving account of the transformation of the painter Einar Wegener, compiled from Lili's own letters and manuscripts
Lili Elbe was, in 1931, the first transsexual to receive a male-to female sex change. This remarkable book - a sensation when first published over eighty years ago - shows Lili (now the subject of a major motion picture The Danish Girl starring Eddie Redmayne) as a trans pioneer who took extraordinary risks to discover and liberate her true identity.
It is also a tale of marriage, of love and romance, that provides a fascinating insight to the bohemian society of the 1930s.
Lili: A Portrait of the First Sex Change is told through original documents, her personal correspondence, and with contributions from those who loved her most. Available in English as an ebook for the first time, it remains a pertinent and powerful work, acting as a monument to an iconic struggle, and a celebration of her bold and profoundly human journey.
Note: This book was previously published as Man Into Woman.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Canelo Digital Publishing Ltd
- Erscheinungstermin: 17. Dezember 2015
- ISBN-13: 9781910859261
- Artikelnr.: 44663924