- Charles I (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- tolino shine 3118,99 €
- John (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)6,49 €
- Richard III (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Charles II (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Athelstan (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- William I (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
George II, King of Great Britain and Ireland and Elector of Hanover, came to Britain for the first time when he was thirty-one. He had a terrible relationship with his father, George I, which was later paralleled by his relationship to his own son. He was short-tempered and uncultivated, but in his twenty-three-year reign he presided over a great flourishing in his adoptive country - economic, military and cultural - all described with characteristic wit and elegance by Norman Davies. (George II so admired the Hallelujah chorus in Handel's Messiah that he stood while it was being performed - as modern audiences still do.) Much of his attention remained in Hanover and on continental politics, as a result of which he was the last British monarch to lead his troops into battle, at Dettingen in 1744.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.