- Blitzed (eBook, ePUB)8,49 €
- Seven Flowers (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Trees in the Religions of Early Medieval England (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- Ancient Woodland (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Medical Muses (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- You've Never Had It So Good! (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- Popular Culture in Early Modern Europe (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
In this definitive study, Martin Booth - author of the acclaimed OPIUM: A HISTORY - charts the history of cannabis from the Neolithic period to the present day. It is a fascinating, colourful tale of medical advance, religious enlightenment, political subterfuge and human rights; of law enforcement and customs officers, smugglers, street pushers, gang warfare, writers, artists, musicians, hippies and pot-heads.
Booth chronicles the remarkable and often mystifying process through which cannabis, a relatively harmless substance, became outlawed throughout the Western world, and the devastating effect such legislation has had on the global economy. Above all, he demonstrates how the case for decriminalization remains one of the twenty-first century's hottest topics.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House UK Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 496
- Erscheinungstermin: 30. September 2011
- ISBN-13: 9781409084891
- Artikelnr.: 39220159