- Protestant Identity and Peace in Northern Ireland (eBook, PDF)71,95 €
- Policing for Peace in Northern Ireland (eBook, PDF)51,95 €
- Ireland's Violent Frontier (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Lost in Transformation (eBook, PDF)71,95 €
- Ulster Loyalism after the Good Friday Agreement (eBook, PDF)78,95 €
- Terrorism and Nationalism in the United Kingdom (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Geopolitical Change, Grand Strategy and European Security (eBook, PDF)78,95 €
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Palgrave Macmillan
- Erscheinungstermin: 10.10.2012
- ISBN-13: 9781137291790
- Artikelnr.: 38454779
Professor of Politics, University of Liverpool
As Northern Ireland enters a decade of commemorations this book will be a major resource for all those interested in the politics and history of memory. Cillian McGrattan makes a frontal assault on the shibboleths of 'truth recovery' in Northern Ireland charging its political and academic proponents with reproducing and legitimising the self-justifying narratives of loyalist and republican ex-paramilitaries. Using a wide range of sources from party archives and interviews to drama and film he argues that the peace process has been based on entrenching ethnic narratives which deny the sordid and murderous history visited upon the thousands of victims by the IRA and its loyalist counterparts.
Professor of Politics, University of Ulster, UK.