- Beyond Einstein Gravity (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- General Relativity and John Archibald Wheeler (eBook, PDF)112,95 €
- Gravity, Black Holes, and the Very Early Universe (eBook, PDF)48,95 €
- Relativistic Astrophysics and Cosmology (eBook, PDF)52,95 €
- An Introduction to the Relativistic Theory of Gravitation (eBook, PDF)54,95 €
- Spacetime, Geometry and Gravitation (eBook, PDF)60,95 €
- Fundamentals of Cosmology (eBook, PDF)52,95 €
All contributions reflect the fundamental role of mass in physics, from issues related to Newton's laws, to the effect of self-force and radiation reaction within theories of gravitation, to the role of the Higgs boson in modern physics. High-precision measurements are described in detail, modified theories of gravity reproducing experimental data are investigated as alternatives to dark matter, and the fundamental problem of reconciling any theory of gravity with the physics of quantum fields is addressed. Auxiliary chapters set the framework for theoretical contributions within the broader context of experimental physics.
The book is based upon the lectures of the CNRS School on Mass held in Orléans, France, in June 2008. All contributions have been anonymously refereed and, with the cooperation of the authors, revised by the editors to ensure overall consistency.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 626
- Erscheinungstermin: 19.01.2011
- ISBN-13: 9789048130153
- Artikelnr.: 37411343