- Policy Innovation for Health96,99 €
- Epidemiology and the Delivery of Health Care Services46,99 €
- Epidemiology and the Delivery of Health Care Services: Methods and Applications111,99 €
- The Care of the Uninsured in America67,99 €
- Health and Medical Aspects of Disaster Preparedness52,99 €
- Ethics and Information Technology77,99 €
- Determinants of Minority Mental Health and Wellness74,99 €
The long-term strategies outlined in this book emphasize a stronger balance between public and individual health goals, and collaborations between cost-efficient, streamlined medical care and innovative therapeutic research and technology-values that have been traditionally been considered in conflict. Examples are included of new care models and groundbreaking programs from Canada, the EU, and Australia that bring together the community, consumer, governmental, and corporate sectors; bridge the gaps between prevention, health promotion, and practice; and improve core health determinants such as living conditions, education, and social supports. These social, political, medical, and technological advances, assert the authors, are crucial to meeting the challenges of the decades ahead.
Among the topics covered:
- Health as a central economic and societal force.
- New directions in the monitoring of health and well-being.
- "Integrating Health in all Policies" programs and how they can be implemented.
- The democratization of health knowledge and the expanding role of patient participation.
- Closing the financial divide in public health priority-setting.
Policy Innovations for Health adds important new voices to the health care debate, and its vision will inspire professionals in health policy, health administration, health economics, and global health, as well as graduate students planning to enter these rapidly changing fields.
- Verlag: Springer / Springer New York / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-1-4419-2730-9
- Softcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2009
- Seitenzahl: 216
- Erscheinungstermin: 29. Oktober 2010
- Abmessung: 235mm x 155mm x 11mm
- Gewicht: 331g
- ISBN-13: 9781441927309
- ISBN-10: 1441927301
- Artikelnr.: 32452714
"This unique book focuses on an exploration and map of policy innovations. ... The book would be useful to anyone wanting to look at policy from a different perspective. It is so radically different that health policy students would benefit ... . Doctoral students with a policy minor would benefit." (Carole A. Kenner, Doody's Review Services, January, 2009)
"This book is the result of a two-year conversation between the six authors during the period 2006-2008. ... The authors provide many examples and case studies for new policy approaches from different parts of Europe and at different levels of governance. The book will be of interest to graduate students and professionals in health policy, health administration, and health economics." (SciTech Book News, March, 2009)