- Yearbook of International Sports Arbitration 2016 (eBook, PDF)112,95 €
- CAS and Football: Landmark Cases (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport and Its Jurisprudence (eBook, PDF)88,95 €
- The Reach of Free Movement (eBook, PDF)112,95 €
- Fundamental Labour Rights in China - Legal Implementation and Cultural Logic (eBook, PDF)96,95 €
- Legal Responses to Football Hooliganism in Europe (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- The Duty of Care of International Organizations Towards Their Civilian Personnel (eBook, PDF)112,95 €
It provides a comparative analysis between the sports on issues such as the role of collective bargaining, wage regulation, salary caps, nationality restrictions, eligibility, player movement and the acquisition of a player's intellectual property. It discusses the approaches adopted in each sport for balancing the interests of labour and management, the problem of controlling private regulatory power in professional sport, and considers the extent to which legal or government intervention is required in an athlete's employment relationship.
National law can assist players in a domestic league to secure an involvement in the determination of working conditions but it has a more limited effect in a competition organised by an international governing body. This book argues that social regulation through soft law processes at an international level may benefit athletes, consumers and sport globally. It provides a useful case example for comparison with the organisation of other professional team sports in Europe, North America and Australasia. This book is important reading for scholars and practitioners in the fields of international sports law, employment law, competition law, European law and human rights law. It is also highly recommended for students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels taking modules and courses in Sports Law or Sports Business Management.
Dr. Leanne O'Leary is a dual-qualified solicitor, Senior Lecturer in Law and member of the Centre for Sports Law Research at Edge Hill University in the United Kingdom.
This book appears in the ASSER International Sports Law Series, under the editorship of Prof. Dr. Ben Van Rompuy and Dr. Antoine Duval.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 327
- Erscheinungstermin: 28. Januar 2017
- ISBN-13: 9789462651593
- Artikelnr.: 53033585