- Rocket and Spacecraft Propulsion125,99 €
- Fundamentals of Aircraft and Rocket Propulsion130,99 €
- Fundamentals of Aircraft and Rocket Propulsion111,99 €
- Future Spacecraft Propulsion Systems162,99 €
- Future Spacecraft Propulsion Systems and Integration145,99 €
- Advanced Space Propulsion Systems40,99 €
- Future Spacecraft Propulsion Systems and Integration139,99 €
The author covers the fundamentals, from the basic principles of rocket propulsion and vehicle dynamics through the theory and practice of liquid and solid propellant motors, to new and future developments.
He provides a serious exposition of the principles and practice of rocket propulsion, from the point of view of the user who is not an engineering specialist.
- Springer Praxis Books in Astronautical Engineering
- Verlag: Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 12220311
- 3rd ed.
- Seitenzahl: 444
- Erscheinungstermin: 19. September 2008
- Abmessung: 250mm x 175mm x 29mm
- Gewicht: 1006g
- ISBN-13: 9783540692027
- ISBN-10: 3540692029
- Artikelnr.: 25044822
"Turner (Univ. of Leicester, UK) offers an updated version of his 2000 book. ... He examines rockets and rocket engines from the viewpoint of physical principles and gives accessible explanations on how rockets work. ... Turner uses graphs to help interpret many equations. ... Summing Up: Recommended. Upper-division undergraduates; graduate students." (D.B. Mason, CHOICE, Vol. 42 (10), June, 2005)
"As a rule, textbooks have equations and other books have colour photographs, but this book breaks that rule by including both. Its centre-section of 20 colour plates certainly sets it apart from most textbooks ... . there is plenty of information between the equations to engage anyone with an interest in the technology. It also has a number of appendices and a five-page index. ... The book is usefully up to date in its coverage. ... This book remains an excellent primer on the principles of rocket propulsion." (Mark Williamson, International Space Review, 2005)