- Seeking a Richer Harvest (eBook, PDF)105,95 €
- The Ethics of Anthropology and Amerindian Research (eBook, PDF)121,95 €
- Continuity and Change in Cultural Adaptation to Mountain Environments (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Dynamics of Learning in Neanderthals and Modern Humans Volume 2 (eBook, PDF)81,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- An Archaeological Study of Rural Capitalism and Material Life (eBook, PDF)73,95 €
- Applied Research Methods in Urban and Regional Planning (eBook, PDF)73,95 €
Most previous studies of the landscape selectively focused on either the natural sciences or the social sciences, but the research presented in African Landscapes bridges that gap. This work is unique in its interdisciplinary scope. Over the past twelve years, the contributors to this volume have participated in the collaborative research center ACACIA (Arid Climate Adaptation and Cultural Innovation in Africa), which deals with the relationship between cultural processes and ecological dynamics in Africa's arid areas.
The case studies presented here come from mainly Sahara/Sahel and southwestern Africa, and are all linked to broader discussions on the concept of landscape, and themes of cultural, anthropological, geographical, botanical, sociological, and archaeological interest. The contributions in this work are enhanced by full color photographs that put the discussion in context visually.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
"The volume appears to be marketed primarily at researchers interested in African landscapes ... . the volume's production quality is good. The typeface and layout is attractive and the quality of English is sound overall ... . In summary, this is an eclectic, quirky, at times challenging ... interesting volume. ... will form a useful addition to many library shelves." (Stephen Tooth, Journal of African Archaeology, Vol. 9 (1), January, 2011)