- Wöhlers Entdeckung - Eine andere Einführung in die Biochemie34,99 €
- Cellular Signaling in Health and Disease127,99 €
- Biochemie und Molekularbiologie37,99 €
- Modern Analytical Methodologies in Fat- And Water-Soluble Vitamins238,99 €
- The Fat-Soluble Vitamins69,99 €
- Stryer Biochemie99,99 €
- Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins110,99 €
Today, it is not the previously fatal deficiency-associated diseases that are in the focus of interest, but rather the relation of suboptimal vitamin bioavailability to chronic disease. This is complicated by genetic susceptibility, lifestyle, and the presence or absence of health-compromising habits, such as smoking. In turn, the development and application of new and more sensitive and specific assays further enable us to look more closely into the many functions of vitamins.
Water soluble vitamins are complex molecular structures and even today, many areas in vitamin biochemistry are not yet fully understood. Novel effects and functions of vitamins remain and continue to be discovered. This book presents most recent research results and fascinating new knowledge on the role and effects of the water soluble vitamins in man. Some of the most distinguished chemists, biochemists, biologists and clinicians have contributed valuable chapters sharing unexpected novel insights into the biochemistry, (epi)genetics, metabolism, and function of water soluble vitamins, with their potential for clinical applications.
Thus, physicians, clinicians, scientists, researchers, epidemiologists. nutritional specialists and health professionals alike will find stimulating and fascinating new insight in the many roles that water soluble vitamins play in human health and disease.
- Subcellular Biochemistry Vol.56
- Verlag: Springer Netherlands
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 80074718
- Erscheinungstermin: Januar 2012
- Abmessung: 241mm x 160mm x 26mm
- Gewicht: 698g
- ISBN-13: 9789400721982
- ISBN-10: 9400721986
- Artikelnr.: 33660711