- Der Dialog in der Antike (eBook, PDF)129,95 €
- Wort und Gedanke (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Gli Inni di Sinesio di Cirene (eBook, PDF)66,95 €
- Bühnenmord und Botenbericht (eBook, PDF)94,95 €
- Die hellenistischen Utopien (eBook, PDF)149,95 €
- Aristotle's Psychology of Signification (eBook, PDF)63,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
Lucian of Samosata met a two-sided fate: on the one hand he was attacked for philosophical and theological reasons; on the other he was admired for the command of the Greek language and the stylistic elegance he displays in his writings. The origins of this twofold attitude towards Lucian seem to date back to the exegesis devoted to him by Arethas, archbishop of Caesarea, which is integrally examined for the first time in this publication. The book consists of eleven chapters: 1 (manuscript tradition of Arethas' scholia on Lucian); 2 (Arethas' polemic against Lucian); 3 (scholia with quotations from biblical and patristic texts); 4 (scholia with quotations from classical texts); 5 (relationships between Arethas' scholia and Photius' Bibliotheca); 6 (scholia concerning matters of language or style); 7 (scholia dealing with various learning); 8 (scholia containing autoschediasms); 9 (scholia comparing words or facts found in Lucian's writings with words or facts belonging to the scholiast's times); 10 (bibliography); 11 (index of Arethas' scholia on Lucian).
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 317
- Erscheinungstermin: 30.11.2011
- ISBN-13: 9783110270693
- Artikelnr.: 44454972