- Literatur und Religion, 1 (eBook, PDF)149,95 €
- Religion und Städtekonkurrenz (eBook, PDF)149,95 €
- Oaths and Swearing in Ancient Greece (eBook, PDF)0,00 €
- Initiation into the Mysteries of the Ancient World (eBook, PDF)0,00 €
- Hellenische Identität in der Spätantike (eBook, PDF)149,95 €
- Oath and State in Ancient Greece (eBook, PDF)63,95 €
- Literatur und Religion, 2 (eBook, PDF)149,95 €
This book contributes to the understanding of Dionysos, the Greek god of wine, dancing, theatre and ecstasy, by putting together 30 studies of classical scholars. They combine the analysis of specific instances of particular dimensions of the god in cult, myth, literature and iconography, with general visions of Dionysos in antiquity and modern times. Only from the combination of different perspectives can we grasp the complex personality of Dionysos, and the forms of his presence in different cults, literary genres, and artistic forms, from Mycenaean times to late antiquity.
The ways in which Dionysos was experienced may vary in each author, each cult, and each genre in which this god is involved. Therefore, instead of offering a new all-encompassing theory that would immediately become partial, the booknarrows the focus on specific aspects of the god. Redefinition does not mean finding (again) the essence of the god, but obtaining a more nuanced knowledge of the ways he was experienced and conceived in antiquity.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 658
- Erscheinungstermin: 26.06.2013
- ISBN-13: 9783110301328
- Artikelnr.: 44453883