- Sociability, Social Capital, and Community Development65,99 €
- Health and Cognition in Old Age113,99 €
- Advances in Geroscience134,99 €
- Older People: Improving Health and Social Care70,99 €
- Sociability, Social Capital, and Community Development64,99 €
- Population Aging and International Health-Caregiver Migration to Japan42,99 €
- Lebensphase hohes Alter: Verletzlichkeit und Reife29,99 €
Health and Cognition in Old Age assembles the cream of research across varied medical, mental health, and social disciplines, and demonstrates how this knowledge can lead to improved outcomes for older people. The first half of this expert volume discusses biomedical and life course factors in aging, particularly as they affect cognition and well-being in later life. From there, effective solutions are the focus: interventions and care programs to improve mental functioning and general quality of life, and current policy and practice ideas in promoting healthy, active, and cognitively robust aging. Together, these diverse chapters offer a multi-faceted approach to understanding and modifying what was formerly the inevitable course of growing old. A sampling of the coverage:
How the aging process affects the immune system.
Occupational gerontology - work-related determinants of old age health and functioning.
Social, behavioral, and contextual influences on cognitive function and decline.
Lifestyle factors in the prevention of dementia.
Understanding long-term care outcomes: conventional and behavioral economics.
Social capital, mental well-being, and loneliness in older people.
For gerontologists, sociologists, social workers, health psychologists, and others working to improve older people's lives, Health and Cognition in Old Age brings expertise, versatility, and confidence to the table.
- International Perspectives on Aging Vol.10
- Verlag: Springer, Berlin; Springer International Publishing;
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 86277007
- Erscheinungstermin: August 2014
- Abmessung: 241mm x 160mm x 24mm
- Gewicht: 668g
- ISBN-13: 9783319066493
- ISBN-10: 3319066498
- Artikelnr.: 40669636