- The Symbolism of Medieval Churches (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- Unlocking the Church (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- The Architecture of Medieval Churches (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- The Socialist Life of Modern Architecture (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- England's Marvelous Gothic Cathedrals and Churches (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Lutheran Churches in Early Modern Europe (eBook, ePUB)34,95 €
- The Stonemason (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
This book introduces the reader to the definition, form, and use of medieval symbols, and the significance that they held and still hold for some people, exploring the context in which church symbolism developed, and examining the major influences that shaped it. Among the topics discussed are allegory, typology, moral interpretation, and anagogy. Further chapters also consider the work of key figures, including Hugh and Richard of St Victor and Abbot Suger at St-Denis. Finally, the book contrasts the Eastern world with the Western world, taking a look at the late Middle Ages and what happened to church symbolism once Aristotle had ousted Plato from the schools.
Entering into the medieval mind and placing church symbolism in its context, The Symbolism of Medieval Churches will be of great interest to upper-level undergraduates, postgraduates, and scholars working on Architectural History, Medieval Art, Church History, and Medieval History more widely.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 210
- Erscheinungstermin: 19. November 2019
- ISBN-13: 9780429678073
- Artikelnr.: 58316935