- The Cinema of Hal Hartley (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Film and Video Intermediality (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
- Film and the Holocaust (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
- The Politics of Insects (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Aesthetics of Displacement (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Amateur Filmmaking (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
- Darren Aronofsky's Films and the Fragility of Hope (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
Placing Ashby's films and career within the historical context of his era to show how he actively resisted the auteur label, the author demonstrates how this resistance led to Ashby's marginalization by film executives of his time and within subsequent film scholarship. Through rigorous analysis of several films, Hunter moves on to demonstrate Ashby's own signature authorial contributions to his films and provides thorough and convincing demonstrations of the authorial contributions made by several of Ashby's key collaborators.
Building on emerging scholarship on multiple-authorship, Authoring Hal Ashby lays out a creative new approach to understanding one of Hollywood cinema's most exciting eras and one of its most vital filmmakers.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury Publishing Inc
- Seitenzahl: 240
- Erscheinungstermin: 25.08.2016
- ISBN-13: 9781501308451
- Artikelnr.: 48421622