- The Holy Roman Empire (eBook, ePUB)EUR 11,99
- Tragic Shores: A Memoir of Dark Travel (eBook, ePUB)EUR 5,49
- Leading the Blind (eBook, ePUB)EUR 16,99
- The Pursuit of Italy (eBook, ePUB)EUR 9,95
- A History of Contemporary Italy (eBook, ePUB)EUR 11,99
- At War on the Gothic Line (eBook, ePUB)EUR 14,95
- Castle of the Eagles (eBook, ePUB)EUR 14,95
'This portrait of a nation is required reading for anyone heading to a Tuscan villa or Puglian beach this summer' Financial Times
Sublime and maddening, fascinating yet baffling, Italy is a country of endless paradox and seemingly unanswerable riddles.
John Hooper's marvellously entertaining and perceptive book is the ideal companion for anyone seeking to understand contemporary Italy and the unique character of the Italians. Looking at the facts that lie behind - and often belie - the stereotypes, his revealing book sheds new light on many aspects of Italian life: football and Freemasonry, sex, symbolism and the reason why Italian has twelve words for a coat hanger, yet none for a hangover.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Books Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 400
- ISBN-13: 9781846145452
- ISBN-10: 1846145457
- Best.Nr.: 42111073