- Legal Literacy in Premodern European Societies89,99 €
- Family Law and Society in Europe from the Middle Ages to the Contemporary Era110,99 €
- Rechtswissenschaften in Trier54,90 €
- Das Bundesjagdgesetz von 1952 sowie die Novellen von 1961 und 197683,70 €
- Rechtsprechung und Justizhoheit65,00 €
- Einführung in das römische Recht35,00 €
- "Messages from Antiquity"45,00 €
This book is divided into two main parts. The first part discusses various groups of legal literates (scriveners, court of appeal judges and advocates) and their different paths to legal literacy from the Middle Ages to the nineteenth century. The second part analyses the rise of the ownership and production of legal literature - especially legal books meant for laymen - as means for acquiring a degree of legal literacy from the eighteenth to the early twentieth century.