- Physician-Assisted Dying: The Case for Palliative Care and Patient Choice34,99 €
- Being Mortal9,99 €
- Fighting for Breath: Living Morally and Dying of Cancer in a Chinese Village51,99 €
- Our Malady9,49 €
- The Inevitable: Dispatches on the Right to Die23,99 €
- Suicide and the Unconscious111,99 €
- Euthanasia Is Not the Answer: A Hospice Physician's View66,99 €
The original publication of Final Exit stunned the nation by offering people with terminal illness a choice on how--and when--to end their suffering. It helped thousands by giving clear instructions to doctors, nurses, and families on how to handle a patient s request for euthanasia.
In the wake of court cases and legislative mandates, this revised and updated third edition goes far beyond the original to provide new information about the legality of euthanasia and assisted suicide, and a thoughtful examination of the personal issues involved. It has become the essential source to help loved ones and supportive doctors remain within existing laws and keep a person s dying intimate, private, and dignified.
With deep compassion and sensitivity, it spells out why a living will may not be sufficient to have a person s wishes carried out--and what document is a better alternative. It updates where to get proper drugs and exactly how to carry out the quickest, most peaceful way to make a final exit. Finally, it gently talks to a person considering self-deliverance about alternatives, planning, and the means to make every death a "good death" at our time of greatest need.
- A Delta Trade Paperback
- Verlag: Dell
- überarb. Aufl.
- Seitenzahl: 256
- Erscheinungstermin: November 2002
- Abmessung: 205mm x 132mm x 19mm
- Gewicht: 195g
- ISBN-13: 9780385336536
- ISBN-10: 0385336535
- Artikelnr.: 09779666
--Betty Rollin, author of First, You Cry and Last Wish
An honest, clear, compelling book.
--Dr. Frederick R. Abrams, physician and ethicist