- Finance and Sustainability115,99 €
- Corporate Governance in Central Europe and Russia98,99 €
- Nachhaltige Personal- und Organisationsentwicklung14,99 €
- The Ethics of Banking62,99 €
- The Ethics of Banking: Conclusions from the Financial Crisis159,99 €
- Advancing Entrepreneurship in the United Arab Emirates74,99 €
- Corporate Governance in the Banking Sector in China84,99 €
Look at any major corporate meltdown and two factors emerge: a failure of corporate governance and a culture where short-termism and greed are rewarded and risk is encouraged to flourish unchecked.
Two years before the latest crash, Alicia Micklethwait co-wrote the best-selling Greed and Corporate Failure which examined some of the high profile corporate disasters of the early years of the 21st century. Sadly those lessons were forgotten. Companies have continued to be Driven to the Brink of disaster.
Now, with co-author Patty Dimond, they examine what we must learn this time around. Drawing on in-depth case studies of the Libor scandal, Olympus, Co-op, Kids Company and others, Dimond and Micklethwait ask what have we learned and more importantly, what can we do to prevent these disasters from happening again?
They also examine the large, emerging and less widely understood world of Corporate China with detailed discussion of the Lixel and Glaxo frauds. On a positive note, staying with China, they look at the story of Alibaba and ask is an ethical culture enough to protect shareholder rights?
- Verlag: Palgrave Macmillan / Springer Palgrave Macmillan
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-1-349-95493-3
- Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2017
- Seitenzahl: 264
- Erscheinungstermin: 21. Juli 2018
- Abmessung: 210mm x 148mm x 14mm
- Gewicht: 3451g
- ISBN-13: 9781349954933
- ISBN-10: 1349954934
- Artikelnr.: 53448931