- A Practical Approach to Neurology for the Small Animal Practitioner92,99 €
- Practical Transfusion Medicine for the Small Animal Practitioner60,89 €
- Life-Threatening Cardiac Emergencies for the Small Animal Practitioner49,99 €
- Chronic Disease Management for Small Animals114,99 €
- Treatment and Care of the Geriatric Veterinary Patient78,99 €
- Differential Diagnosis in Small Animal Medicine35,99 €
- Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion140,99 €
- Verlag: Blackwell Publishers; Wiley & Sons
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 1A813822750
- Seitenzahl: 404
- Erscheinungstermin: 10. Oktober 2008
- Abmessung: 254mm x 178mm x 21mm
- Gewicht: 868g
- ISBN-13: 9780813822754
- ISBN-10: 0813822750
- Artikelnr.: 23595634
Chapter 2 - Cancer Diagnosis and Biopsy Procedures.
Chapter 3 - Choosing the Appropriate Treatment Modality.
Chapter 4 - Managing the Side Effects of Treatment.
Chapter 5 - Managing Paraneoplastic Syndromes.
Chapter 6 - Canine and Feline Lymphoma.
Chapter 7 - Canine and Feline Leukemias.
Chapter 8 - Tumors of the Spleen.
Chapter 9 - Skin and Mammary Tumors.
Chapter 10 - Mast Cell Tumors.
Chapter 11 - Tumors of the GI Tract.
Chapter 12 - Tumors of the Respiratory System.
Chapter 13 - Tumors of the Nervous System.
Chapter 14 - Tumors of the Musculoskeletal System.
Chapter 15 - Tumors of Exotic Species.
Appendix 1 - Chemotherapty Drugs and Protocols.
Appendix 2 - Client Handouts
"This detailed account of cancer in small animals presents volumes of information.... includes an overview of cancer biology and covers diagnostic tests for cancer, treatment options, an dinformation on the majority of specific cancer types that are of concern in cats and dogs. The detail in almost every area is impressive and complete. The authors also nicely balance recommendations for what can and cannot be reasonably performed in a general practice setting. The very specific guidance presented in flow charts for making decisions about the cancers can be helpful, and is not found in other standard oncology texts." - Doody s Reviews , February 2009
"Will help those who are not board-certified in veterinary oncology to find the information they need in a quick and easy manner. There are... well-written practicalsections on subjects such as how to safely administer chemotherapy and the importance of nutritional support. In general, it is a book that allows for rapid access to some basic knowledge about cancer treatment in animals, with... an emphasis on diagnostics and setting up a plan. This is a useful, reasonably priced textbook for someone with little knowledge of veterinary oncology who desires a quick and easy guide to the many tumors of dogs and cats." - Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association , June 2009