- Farewell To The East End (eBook, ePUB)5,49 €
- Sisters of the East End (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- Call the Midwife - Ruf des Lebens (eBook, ePUB)14,99 €
- Call The Midwife (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Bundles of Joy: Two Thousand Miracles. One Unstoppable Manchester Midwife (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Yes Sister, No Sister (eBook, ePUB)8,49 €
- Murder by the Book (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
In this follow up to CALL THE MIDWIFE, Jennifer Worth, a midwife working in the docklands area of East London in the 1950s tells more stories about the people she encountered.
There's Jane, who cleaned and generally helped out at Nonnatus House - she was taken to the workhouse as a baby and was allegedly the illegitimate daughter of an aristocrat. Peggy and Frank's parents both died within 6 months of each other and the children were left destitute. At the time, there was no other option for them but the workhouse.
The Reverend Thornton-Appleby-Thorton, a missionary in Africa, visits the Nonnatus nuns and Sister Julienne acts as matchmaker. And Sister Monica Joan, the eccentric ninety-year-old nun, is accused of shoplifting some small items from the local market. She is let off with a warning, but then Jennifer finds stolen jewels from Hatton Garden in the nun's room. These stories give a fascinating insight into the resilience and spirit that enabled ordinary people to overcome their difficulties.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Orion
- Seitenzahl: 304
- Erscheinungstermin: 14.05.2009
- ISBN-13: 9780297856092
- Artikelnr.: 39198708