How To Make Menopause A Healthier, Happier, And Sexier Time Of Life
"Finally, a medically researched book that gives the big picture on all of our hormones and how they are interrelated. This book is a survival manual for those of us who want sound medical alternatives for keeping healthy."
-Jan Bergstrom, M.Ed., L.M.H.C.
"One book that every woman should read-and give to her daughter, her mother, and her friends-is The Natural Hormone Makeover. Dr. Cohan combines a brilliant mind and a tender heart to give readers a book that can truly make a difference in their lives."
-Ellen S. Glazer, L.I.C.S.W., author of Experiencing Infertility and The Long-Awaited Stork
The Natural Hormone Makeover shows you how to correct perimenopause- and menopause-related hormone imbalances safely by using natural or bioidentical hormones-many of which are available at the drugstore or health food store-instead of risky hormone replacement therapy. You'll learn how to determine which of your hormones-including estrogen, testosterone, DHEA, HGH, progesterone, and melatonin-may be unbalanced and create a personalized program to rebalance and support these hormones with natural hormone supplements, creams, and hormone-stimulating foods. This unique anti-aging approach to menopause also includes a list of the foods that are the most powerful in healing the effects of hormone imbalance and keeping you young and healthy for decades to come. This book is a must-read whether you are thirty-five and just beginning to notice changes or fifty-plus and confused about what to do.
- Verlag: JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
- Best.Nr. des Verlages: 14674484000
- Seitenzahl: 282
- Abmessung: 235mm x 164mm x 26mm
- Gewicht: 485g
- ISBN-13: 9780471744849
- ISBN-10: 0471744840
- Best.Nr.: 23013245
- Chapter 1. Understanding Health and Hormones
- Chapter 2. The Steps to Bring Back Balance
- Chapter 3. Safety Concerns
- Chapter 4. A Healthy Lifestyle
- Chapter 5. Know Your Symptoms
- Chapter 6. Recommended Tests
- Chapter 7. How to Find the Right Doctor and Support Team
- Chapter 8. Sex Hormones Part I: Perimenopause and More
- Chapter 9. Sex Hormones Part II: Menopause and More
- Chapter 10. Adrenal and Thyroid Hormones
- Chapter 11. Sleep Hormones
- Chapter 12. Growth Hormone
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2