The third edition of Learning GNU Emacs describes Emacs 21.3 from the ground up, including new user interface features such as an icon-based toolbar and an interactive interface to Emacs customization. A new chapter details how to install and run Emacs on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, including tips for using Emacs effectively on those platforms.
Learning GNU Emacs, third edition, covers:
- How to edit files with Emacs
- Using the operating system shell through Emacs
- How to use multiple buffers, windows, and frames
- Customizing Emacs interactively and through startup files
- Writing macros to circumvent repetitious tasks
- Emacs as a programming environment for Java, C++, and Perl, among others
- Using Emacs as an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Integrating Emacs with CVS, Subversion and other change control systems for projects with multiple developers
- Writing HTML, XHTML, and XML with Emacs
- The basics of Emacs Lisp
The book is aimed at new Emacs users, whether or not they are programmers. Also useful for readers switching from other Emacs implementations to GNU Emacs.
- Verlag: O'Reilly Media, Inc. / O'Reilly UK Ltd.
- 3rd ed.
- Seitenzahl: 534
- Ausstattung/Bilder: Mit Abbildungen und Tabellen
- Abmessung: 231mm x 178mm x 28mm
- Gewicht: 885g
- ISBN-13: 9780596006488
- ISBN-10: 0596006489
- Best.Nr.: 13036076