- Barometer of Fear: An Insider's Account of Rogue Trading and the Greatest Banking Scandal in History11,99 €
- Dark Pools: The Rise of the Machine Traders and the Rigging of the U.S. Stock Market16,99 €
- The Speculation Economy: How Finance Triumphed Over Industry25,99 €
- 12,99 €
- 12,99 €
- The Smartest Guys in the Room: The Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of Enron18,99 €
- Deutsche Bank38,00 €
This is the never-before-told story of how a 150-year-old German bank became the global face of financial recklessness and criminality, a history that traces back to its role helping the Nazis build Auschwitz. In the 1990s, a succession of ruthless executives made the fateful decision to chase Wall Street riches-and set Deutsche Bank on an epic path of devastation. Its sins included manipulating markets, violating international sanctions, and laundering money for Russian oligarchs.
Desperate for an American foothold, Deutsche started doing business with a self-promoting real estate magnate who most banks deemed too dangerous to touch: Donald Trump. Over the next 20 years, Deutsche executives-including a man with a damaged brain, the son of a Supreme Court justice, and Rosemary Vrablic-loaned billions to Trump and the Kushner family. Why?
To unravel this mystery, the book traces the rise and fall of Bill Broeksmit, an American executive who was regarded as the conscience of Deutsche Bank. In 2014, he was found hanging in his London apartment. His son gets access to Broeksmit's computer files and embarks on a wild quest to understand why his father killed himself. The answers he finds will help explain how Deutsche Bank became the financial equivalent of a weapon of mass destruction.
- Verlag: Custom House / HarperCollins UK
- Seitenzahl: 416
- Erscheinungstermin: 19. März 2020
- Abmessung: 236mm x 156mm x 40mm
- Gewicht: 619g
- ISBN-13: 9780063045439
- ISBN-10: 0063045435
- Artikelnr.: 58848409