- Windows NT in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference for System Administration26,99
- Windows Server 2003 Security Cookbook: Security Solutions and Scripts for System Administrators39,99
- Windows: System Policy Editor40,99
- Securing Windows Server 200332,99
- Osbourne: Win NT Registry* _p47,99
- HP-UX 11i Version 2 System Administration: HP Integrity and HP 9000 Servers44,99
- Windows 2000 Administration in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference32,99
Unfortunately, the typical Windows NT/2000 installation makes a Windows server an easy target for attacks, and configuring Windows for secure Internet use is a complex task. Securing Windows NT/2000 Servers for the Internet suggests a two-part strategy to accomplish the task:
* "Hardening" any Windows server that could potentially be exposed to attacks from the Internet, so the exposed system (known as a "bastion host") is as secure as it can be.
* Providing extra security protection for exposed systems by installing an additional network (known as a "perimeter network") that separates the Internet from an organization's internal networks.
Securing Windows NT/2000 Servers for the Internet is a concise guide that pares down installation and configuration instructions into a series of checklists aimed at Windows administrators. Topics include:
* Introduction--Windows NT/2000 security threats, architecture of the Windows NT/2000 operating system and typical perimeter networks. * How to build a Windows NT bastion host.
* Configuring Windows and network services, encrypting the password database, editing the registry, setting system policy characteristics, performing TCP/IP configuration, configuring administrative tools, and setting necessary permissions.
* Differences between Windows NT and Windows 2000 security including IPSec (IP Security Protocol) configuration.
* Secure remote administration--SSH, OpenSSH, TCP Wrappers, the Virtual Network Console, and the new Windows 2000 Terminal Services.
* Windows NT/2000 backup, recovery, auditing, and monitoring--event logs, the audit policy, time synchronization with NTP (Network Time Protocol), remote logging, integrity checking, and intrusion detection.
Administrators who carefully follow the detailed instructions provided in this book will dramatically increase the security of their Windows NT/2000 Internet servers.
- Verlag: O'Reilly Media, Inc. / OREILLY MEDIA
- Seitenzahl: 200
- Erscheinungstermin: November 2000
- Abmessung: 233mm x 179mm x 15mm
- Gewicht: 426g
- ISBN-13: 9781565927681
- ISBN-10: 1565927680
- Artikelnr.: 09025603