- Successful Grant Proposals in Science, Technology, and Medicine (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
- Reinventing Discovery (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Brilliant Blunders (eBook, ePUB)12,69 €
- The Geek Manifesto: Why Science Matters to Government (mini ebook) (eBook, ePUB)2,49 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Tillbaka till Newton (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
- A Short History of Nearly Everything (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
We live in a country where:
·Only one of our 650 MPs has worked as a research scientist.
·The Government's drugs adviser was sacked for making a decision based on scientific fact rather than public opinion
·A writer can be forced into court for telling the scientific truth
·The media would rather sell papers by scaremongering over MMR vaccines and GM crops than report the less sensational facts.
Whether we want to improve education or cut crime, to enhance public health or to generate clean energy, science and its experimental method is critical.
It's time to stop the nonsense!
The Geek Manifesto shows us what needs to happen to entrench scientific thinking more deeply into politics and society. And how to turn our frustrated outrage into positive action that our country's leaders cannot ignore.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House UK Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 416
- Erscheinungstermin: 10. Mai 2012
- ISBN-13: 9781446438848
- Artikelnr.: 37912042