- The Berlin Wall (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- After the Berlin Wall (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- The Fall of the Berlin Wall (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Hitler (eBook, ePUB)19,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Travellers in the Third Reich (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Berlin 1961: Kennedy, Khruschev, and the Most Dangerous Place on Earth (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
NOW WITH AN UPDATED EPILOGUE 30 YEARS AFTER THE FALL OF THE WALL
On the morning of August 13, 1961, the residents of East Berlin found themselves cut off from family, friends, and jobs in the West by a tangle of barbed wire that ruthlessly split a city of four million in two. Within days the barbed-wire entanglement would undergo an extraordinary metamorphosis: it became an imposing 103-mile-long wall guarded by three hundred watchtowers. A physical manifestation of the struggle between Soviet Communism and American capitalism that stood for nearly thirty years, the Berlin Wall was the high-risk fault line between East and West on which rested the fate of all humanity.
In the definitive history on the subject, Frederick Taylor weaves together official history, archival materials, and personal accounts to tell the complete story of the Wall's rise and fall.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: HarperCollins
- Seitenzahl: 528
- Erscheinungstermin: 13.10.2009
- ISBN-13: 9780061870361
- Artikelnr.: 37983230