- The Variability of Current World Englishes (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- New York City English (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Ditransitives in British English Dialects (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- English as a Lingua Franca in Wider Networking (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Sprache in der DDR (eBook, PDF)109,95 €
- The Dialects of Irish (eBook, PDF)115,95 €
- Die Rolle der norditalienischen Varietäten in der "Questione della lingua" (eBook, PDF)144,95 €
The book illustrates the application of a range of different methodologies to the study of slang and demonstrates the interconnection between the different sub-fields of linguistics.
A key argument throughout is that slang is a function played by specific words or phrases rather than a characteristic inherent in the words themselves- what is slang in one context is not slang in another. The volume also challenges received wisdom on the nature of slang: that it is short-lived and that slang is restricted to verbal language.
With an introduction by editor Julie Coleman, the topics covered range from Inner City New York slang and Hip Hop Slang to UK student slang and slang in Scotland. Authors also explore slang in Jamaica, Australia, New Zealand, India and Hong Kong and the influence of English slang on Norwegian, Italian and Japanese. A final section looks at slang and new media including online slang usage, and the possibilities offered by the internet to document verbal and gestural slang.
Global English Slang is an essential reference for advanced undergraduates, postgraduates and researchers working in the areas of lexicology, slang and World Englishes.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 256
- Erscheinungstermin: 10. Januar 2014
- ISBN-13: 9781317934769
- Artikelnr.: 40344800