- RSPB Birds of Britain and Europe (eBook, PDF)10,99 €
- The Solitary Bees (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Comparative Anatomy of the Gastrointestinal Tract in Eutheria I (eBook, PDF)194,95 €
- Atlas of Animal Anatomy and Histology (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
- Hard Ticks (Acari: Ixodida: Ixodidae) Parasitizing Humans (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
- Insects As Natural Enemies (eBook, PDF)178,95 €
- Mosquitoes and Their Control (eBook, PDF)204,95 €
With spectacular, studio-quality photography and clear explanations, this ebook reveals the incredible anatomy, behaviour, and beauty of every type of creature, from hair to scale and whisker to tail.
This elegant introduction to zoology offers interesting views, angles, and close-ups that show you animals in surprising detail. The unique nose-to-tail approach, with chapters on different body parts, allows you to focus in on the beauty of the antenna of a moth, the flight feathers of a parrot, or the feeding tentacles of a jellyfish. It explains how form relates to function - how each feature is an evolutionary answer to the challenges of environment and lifestyle.
Features on key animals combine photography from the field with rounded descriptions of star species. These species are glowing examples of hunting, speed, camouflage, or any topic in question. The Science of Animals also explores how we have depicted animals in art, from zoological drawings that recorded new discoveries to great paintings inspired by a deep connection to the natural world.
With fascinating stories, such as how animals communicate, defend their territories, and attract mates, The Science of Animalsoffers an engaging introduction to the diversity of the animal kingdom.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 336
- Erscheinungstermin: 26.09.2019
- ISBN-13: 9780241430866
- Artikelnr.: 57805379