- Unser Klima zum Selbstverständnis (eBook, ePUB)8,49 €
- Permaculture (eBook, ePUB)14,70 €
- Die Pflanzen und ihre Rechte (eBook, ePUB)13,99 €
- Praxis-Tipps Umweltschutz (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- Mountain Flowers (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Nachts ist es kälter als draußen (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Der Pflanzenretter (eBook, ePUB)18,99 €
and brings to his subject passion, learning and hands-on experience. This is field botany at its best, engrossing, exciting and full of wonder."
Britain's mountains and exposed sub-arctic regions of the far north are home to a remarkable range of specialist flowers, shrubs and ferns that are able to thrive on our islands thanks to a combination of conditions seldom found in mainland Europe. The peculiarities of their occurrence here, at unusually low altitudes for typically alpine species and uncommonly far south for arctic species, make their ecology
In this invigorating journey from the Lizard of Cornwall to Unst in Shetland, Michael Scott examines Britain's richest upland sites, bringing an important 21st-century perspective to our understanding of the flora along the way.
Lavishly illustrated, Mountain Flowers has much to offer wild flower enthusiasts and botanists, including detailed profiles of over 150 of the plants most characteristic of our montane regions. It will prove an indispensable companion for hillwalkers and climbers wanting to learn more about the enigmatic species that are such an intrinsic part of the British mountain landscape.
- Featuring over 150 mountain plants, with 20 extended profiles for the most enigmatic species
- Illustrated with over 340 colour photographs of plants and their spectacular habitats
- Jacket artwork by Carry Akroyd
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 320
- Erscheinungstermin: 25.08.2016
- ISBN-13: 9781472935281
- Artikelnr.: 45353193