- Alone on the Wall (Expanded edition) (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Up: My Life's Journey to the Top of Everest (eBook, ePUB)6,29 €
- 7 Summits (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Munros in Winter (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Master of Thin Air (eBook, ePUB)11,94 €
- The Calling (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- John Gill: Master of Rock (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
'A story of climbing and compulsive love of mountains ... magnificent' OBSERVER
In 1945, when Gwen Moffat was in her twenties, she deserted from her post as a driver and dispatch rider in the Army and went to live rough in Wales and Cornwall, climbing and living on practically nothing. She hitch-hiked her way around, travelling from Skye to Chamonix and many places in between, with all her possessions on her back, although these amounted to little more than a rope and a sleeping bag.
When the money ran out, she worked as a forester, went winkle-picking on the Isle of Skye, acted as the helmsman of a schooner and did a stint as an artist's model. And always there were the mountains, drawing her away from a 'proper' job.
Throughout this unique story, there are acutely observed accounts of mountaineering exploits as Moffat tackles the toughest climbs and goes on to become Britain's leading female climber - and the first woman to qualify as a mountain guide.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Orion
- Seitenzahl: 272
- Erscheinungstermin: 07.11.2013
- ISBN-13: 9781780226330
- Artikelnr.: 39955647