- Rucksack Guide - Alpinism (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Xtreme Sport: The Ultimate Guide to Extreme Outdoor Sports (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Extreme Activities: The Everything Guide to Extreme Sports (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Sidecountry: Tales of Death and Life from the Back Roads of Sports (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Living Above the Clouds: A Collection of Extreme Adventurous Short Stories (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Adventure Game (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
John Harlin led the four-man British/American team and intended to make a swift dash for the summit. The Germans, with an eight-man team and a mass of equipment, planned a slow, relentless ascent. Watching on was a young journalist reporting on the climb for the Daily Telegraph, Peter Gillman - for the Eiger is the most public of mountains, where tourists can observe the life-and-death struggles on the face from telescopes at the nearby hotels.
Almost 50 years on, Gillman recalls the dramatic events on the North Face of the Eiger, and assesses their effect on those who took part. One man died and others were permanently injured through frostbite. For Chris Bonington, it opened a path to a career and reputation as Britain's foremost mountaineer. It was an epic ascent with profound consequences, redolent of a golden age of adventure and mountaineering.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Simon + Schuster Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 400
- Erscheinungstermin: 04.06.2015
- ISBN-13: 9781471134623
- Artikelnr.: 42551936