- The Return of Feminist Liberalism (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- On the Genealogy of Morals (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- tolino shine 399,00 €
- Authority and the Liberal Tradition (eBook, ePUB)37,95 €
- The Great Ethics of Aristotle (eBook, ePUB)36,95 €
- Meanings of Michael Oakeshott's Conservatism (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Varieties of Feminist Liberalism (eBook, ePUB)38,95 €
Why can it sometimes feel as though half the population is living in a different moral universe? Why do ideas such as 'fairness' and 'freedom' mean such different things to different people? Why is it so hard to see things from another viewpoint? Why do we come to blows over politics and religion?
Jonathan Haidt reveals that we often find it hard to get along because our minds are hardwired to be moralistic, judgemental and self-righteous. He explores how morality evolved to enable us to form communities, and how moral values are not just about justice and equality - for some people authority, sanctity or loyalty matter more. Morality binds and blinds, but, using his own research, Haidt proves it is possible to liberate ourselves from the disputes that divide good people.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Books Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 448
- Erscheinungstermin: 29. März 2012
- ISBN-13: 9781846145711
- Artikelnr.: 40324754
Part I Intuitions Come First, Strategic Reasoning Second
1 Where Does Morality Come From?
2 The Intuitive Dog and Its Rational Tail
3 Elephants Rule
4 Vote for Me (Here's Why)
Part II There's More to Morality than Harm and Fairness
5 Beyond WEIRD Morality
6 Taste Buds of the Righteous Mind
7 The Moral Foundations of Politics
8 The Conservative Advantage
Part III Morality Binds and Blinds
9 Why Are We So Groupish?
10 The Hive Switch
11 Religion Is a Team Sport
12 Can't We All Disagree More Constructively?