- Witchcraft in Early Modern England (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- Witchcraft in Russia and Ukraine, 1000-1900 (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- The Witchcraft Sourcebook (eBook, ePUB)35,95 €
- tolino shine 395,00 €
- Understanding the Victorians (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- How England Made the English (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Armed Struggle (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
Witchcraft was a crime punishable by death in England during this period and this book charts the witch panics and legal persecution of witches that followed, exploring topics such as elite attitudes to witchcraft in England, the role of pressures and tensions within the community in accusations of witchcraft, the way in which the legal system dealt with witchcraft cases, and the complex decline of belief in witchcraft. Revised and updated, this new edition explores the modern historiographical debate surrounding this subject and incorporates recent findings and interpretations of historians in the field, bringing it right up-to-date and in particular offering an extended treatment of the difficult issues surrounding gender and witchcraft.
Supported by a range of compelling primary documents, this book is essential reading for all students of the history of witchcraft.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 148
- Erscheinungstermin: 23. Juli 2019
- ISBN-13: 9781000053777
- Artikelnr.: 57185036