- Die slavischen Sprachen / The Slavic Languages Halbband 1470,00 €
- Cognitive Paths into the Slavic Domain164,95 €
- Between Phonology and Phonetics73,99 €
- Einführung in die slavischen Sprachen24,95 €
- Einleitung, Lautlehre109,95 €
- Abstract Phonology in a Concrete Model119,99 €
- Slavische Interkomprehension21,99 €
The quest for the origin of the so-called "mobile accent paradigms" of Baltic and Slavic leads the reader through other Indo-European language branches such as Indo-Iranian, Greek and Germanic, all of which are relevant to the reconstruction of the Proto-Indo-European accentuation system. After the examination of the evidence for the reconstruction of the Proto-Indo-European accentuation system, focus is moved to the Baltic and Slavic accentuation systems and their relationship to each other and to Proto-Indo-European.
A comprehensive history of research and numerous bibliographical references to earlier pieces of scholarship throughout the book make it a useful tool for anybody who is interested in Balto-Slavic and Indo-European accentology. Written in a simple style and constantly aiming at presenting old and new opinions on the various problems, the volume may serve as an introduction to this complicated field.
- Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM] 199
- Verlag: De Gruyter / De Gruyter Mouton
- Seitenzahl: 288
- Erscheinungstermin: 18. Februar 2009
- Abmessung: 236mm x 160mm x 21mm
- Gewicht: 536g
- ISBN-13: 9783110203974
- ISBN-10: 3110203979
- Artikelnr.: 24856599
Daniel Petit in: Historische Sprachforschung 123/2010
"I cannot emphasize enough the importance of this volume for moving the discussion forward in BSl accentology as a whole. O's monograph is not only clearly written and well argued, but the author shows an exemplary independence of judgment and freshness of perspective throughout, on large questions as well as matters of detail."
Ronald I. Kim in: LINGUIST List 21.1909